Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thoughts on our Lifestyle

Well, here goes. I've been thinking alot recently about how my interest in diapers intersects with my own faith, and how things are going to go in that run. I had a lot of personal hangups about them, and had been feeling really guilty over liking diapers, and the fact that for me they were a sexual interest at least to some degree. I seriously desire to wear 24/7, although that is not feasible at this point primarily due to cost concerns, effects it would have on my job if word were to get out, etc. I felt like a freak, and that I was giving into a selfish and possibly sinful desire on my own part. So I started doing what I've been trained to do, thinking, praying, and searching the Scripture for any advice that I can find. I prayed constantly that if what I was doing was wrong, I be given the grace to help me either minimize my feelings or help take me away from it.

With all that said, I've come to a fairly interesting conclusion for now in my own life. Wearing diapers in itself is not a issue I should be worrying about. Its a minor thing of itself, but those of us who engage in it have to be careful not to let it interfere with our other responsibilites toward God or our brothers and sisters. Thats when it becomes the sin.

This is what I saw. As I prayed, my thoughts and direction always seemed to steer away from the diapers and to some of the reactions that were occaisionally involved. Feelings, fantasies, stuff like that. I was being directed in the ways that showed where it was affecting the focus of my life. I saw that where I was headed, I was ignoring the Lord who loves me in favor of other interests. And in that, I was wrong. For the rest, I kept coming back to 2 Corinthians 12, where Paul talks about the thorn in his flesh. I think for me, this is what my diaper interests are. Not as inherently evil in themselves, but as a way of reminding me that I have to be vigilant over my thoughts and my actions towards life.

I don't think that God is a God of rules and regulations. Yes, there are things pleasing, and things abhorrent to him. But I also believe that every sin is equally abhorrent before his sight. To that end, all of us are convicted before Him. He is able to save any of us that call on Him. As weak human beings, we are going to be likely to fall. I happen to like diapers. Is that a sin in itself? No, not any more than I think enjoying a glass of wine, or a bottle of beer is a sin. Its what we do with those liberties we enjoy that it becomes the sin in His sight. Anything, done in excess, could lead to sin. I could be wrong, but if I am, I am an imperfect creature and I don't think that God expects me to get it right 100% of the time. The Gospel is simple....to escape the bonds of sin and death God sent His Son to save all mankind. Jew, Greek, Roman, Gay, Straight, Diaper Lover, Drunk, etc. He has the power to do that. All of our other concerns on this planet put limits on Him. He comes to us where we are at, even though we manifestly do not deserve it. His Grace is sufficient for us to deal with the thorns in our flesh, if we trust Him to provide it.

Since I came to this realization, I have noticed a few things. First, my near crazed desire to be in diapers has died down to something a lot more individually managable. I still wear, on a quasi-regular basis as I had before, but I no longer have the wierd up and downs in my interests that go with it. I can control the level of involvement I had, where before I would spend hours on end browsing for diaper pictures to help me get off. Some of the activities I had thought I wanted to do at home were no longer appealing to me.

In short, my advice would be this. All things in moderation, and at their due time. Keep the focus on Him who loves you. Be aware of what you do, and what it may lead to. Trust in His grace, and you can never go wrong.

Hope this helps a bit.

2 comments:

  1. This is a very enlightened and philosophical outlook. I'm impressed by your level of understanding when it comes to scripture. when I first joined blogger it was because your blog turned up under a search containing the acronym ABDL. when I saw that the title was focused on faith instead of infantilism I was interested to see what you had to say about the relationship between the two. Your level of faith and fellowship with God is both refreshing and inspiring to me. Thank you for helping me to understand my faith by sharing your understanding of your own. You have been a witness to me, God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Rightous Void. I try to keep my life balanced, and I've thought alot about this because I was getting worried the DL part of me was slowly taking over my life. I believe alot in sharing thoughts, because you never know when someone else will be helped from what you learned. :-) Thanks for reading, and I'm glad it helped you!

    ReplyDelete